By Helen Massy, Sept 2022
Supporting your reproductive health. Kecia Gaither, M.D., M.P.H., board-certified in OB-GYN and maternal-fetal medicine, serves as the director of perinatal services/maternal-fetal medicine at NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln in the Bronx, New York. Gaither said there are several types of clinicians you can turn to in the United States for reproductive health support:
- OB-GYN (obstetric gynecologist). A physician who specializes in pregnancy and female reproductive health.
- Urologist. A physician who specializes in both male and female urinary tracts, including managing disorders of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate and male reproductive organs.
- Nurse practitioners. As nurses with graduate training, they can serve as primary care providers and prescribe medications.
- Physician assistants work in collaboration with a physician.
- Certified nurse midwives, with training in gynecologic and family planning services, act as primary healthcare providers to women of all ages.
Click HERE for the full article.