By Eileen Bailey, May 25, 2022
“Multiple challenges can exist with breastfeeding, such as sore nipples, plugged ducts, poor bonding, exhaustion, and low milk supply,” says Dr. Kecia Gaither, MPH, FACOG, the director of perinatal services and maternal-fetal medicine at NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln and an associate professor of clinical obstetrics and gynecology at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York. Gaither told Healthline that women might choose formula/bottle feeding for several reasons. These include:
- Work or school schedule doesn’t allow it.
- They are on chemotherapy or other medications which would be passed to the baby.
- They have had a mastectomy.
- They do not have familial or partner support.
- They have a health condition, such as HIV.
Click HERE for the full article.