By Payton Sy, RN, Nov. 9, 2023
According to Dr. Kecia Gaither, a double board-certified OB-GYN and maternal-fetal medicine provider, amenities that make a difference include:
- Pain services, such as epidurals, nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral medications, guided meditation, aromatherapy and tools, like peanut balls.
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) availability.
- Clinical excellence status.
Some amenities that aren’t worth it and may come with large price tags include:
- Private chef-prepared food.
- XM satellite radio.
- Manicures and/or pedicures.
- Concierge services to help with ancillary tasks, like arranging newborn photography or gifts.
Click HERE for the full article.