by Cassie Shortsleeve, Dec 14, 2021

If you have Crohn’s and are thinking about getting pregnant, it’s best to have a preconceptual evaluation with both an obstetrician and gastroenterologist first, says Kecia Gaither, M.D., M.P.H., a double board-certified ob-gyn and maternal fetal medicine physician in New York City. During these appointments, you can discuss your medications and your health and how these will affect your pregnancy. And if you haven’t, you might also consider a maternal fetal medicine physician, a type of doctor (usually an ob-gyn) who specializes in high-risk pregnancies.

Click HERE for the full article.